Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 lbscallops
2 Tbspbutter or margarine
2 Tbspshallots or onion, finely chopped
1/2 lbsmall mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cwhipping cream
4 Tbspmarsala wine
·salt and white pepper, to taste (freshly ground)
·finely chopped chives or parsley, for garnish
How to Make Scallops Charlotte
- If you are using large sea scallops, cut them in half horizontally. If you have tiny bay scallops, they can be left whole.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add shallots and mushrooms; saute over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet. Add scallops. Saute 2 to 3 minutes, until scallops are opaque. Using a slotted spoon, remove scallops from skillet and add them to mushroom mixture; set aside.
- Add cream and wine to liquid in skillet. Add any juices that have accumulated in bowl of scallops.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sauce reduces to 2/3 to 3/4 cup and thickens enough to lightly coat a spoon.
- Add mushroom and scallop mixture; cook to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with chives.