Vicki Butts (lazyme)
12 ozsea scallops, fresh or frozen
1 1/3 chalf and half, or light cream or milk
3 Tbspsnipped parsley
1 Tbspcooking oil
3 clovegarlic, minced
6 ozspinach fettucine, or plain fettuccine, cooked and drained
1 largetomato, cut into wedges
1/2 cfinely shredded parmesan cheese
·finely shredded parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
·parsley sprigs, optional
How to Make Scallops Alfredo
- Thaw scallops, if frozen.
- Cut any large scallops in half; set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together half and half, light cream, or milk; parsley; cornstarch; and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking).
- Preheat over medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry garlic in hot oil for 15 seconds.
- Add scallops to the hot wok.
- Stir-fry about 2 minutes or till scallops turn opaque.
- Push scallops from the center of the wok.
- Stir sauce.
- Add sauce to center of wok.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Add cooked fettuccine, tomato, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
mg sodium, 496 mg potassium
- Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce.
- Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or till heated through.
- Serve immediately.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
- Nutrition information per serving:
416 calories, 25 g protein, 40 g carbohydrate, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 341