- a nickel's worth of salt pork (about 1 1/2" cube)
- a big onion
- potatoes, as big as my fist (his fists were big)
- 2 qt
- quahogs (in the shell)
- 1 qt
- of milk
How to Make Quahog Chowder
- 1Take your pork and cut up fine, put it in your kettle and cook slowly. When the pork starts to look crispy, cut your large onion finely as well and add your onion letting it cook slowly until soft.
- 2Now start opening your quahogs over a bowl to save the juices. Use a paring knife to slide in opening and twist, if you have a problem, you could steam them .
- 3Pour all the juices in the kettle and bring to a boil. Now add your cut fine potatoes and cook until soft.
- 4Now chop your quahogs very fine (could use meat grinder)
Add to potatoes after they are soft. Now cook 2 minutes more, add your milk, bring to boil then take off of heat.
Best flavor if you serve it the next day, so wait awhile to serve.