Pappardelle with Crab and Tarragon
2 Tbspolive oil
2leeks thinly sliced
4 clovegarlic minced
28 ozcan san marzano plum tomatoes with basil
1 Tbspdried tarragon
·salt and pepper
1 ccreme fraiche
1 lbsnow crab legs
·fresh shredded parmesan
·basil, tarragon, or parsley for garnish
How to Make Pappardelle with Crab and Tarragon
- Remove the crab meat from all the legs and set aside.
Add oil to a large pot. Add the leeks and saute 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute 1 minute more.
- Add the tomatoes breaking up the tomatoes with hands or smash them with a spoon. Add the dried tarragon and salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Place a cover on and let simmer 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile place a pot of water on stove and bring it to a boil. Add salt and then Add the pasta and reduce the heat. Place the crab meat in a fine mesh colander and place over the top of boiling pasta. The steam will begin to warm the crab meat
- Add the creme fraiche to the sauce and simmer another 10 minutes. When the pasta is almost done dip the colander with the crab meat into the hot water but don't let the crab fall into the pot. Set the crab aside.
- Drain the pasta reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Add the pasta water to the sauce.
- To serve place the pasta on a plate. Ladle sauce over top then add some crab meat. Garnish with herb of choice and a little parmesan cheese