Mussels, Prawns and Halibut in Coconut Curry Sauce
- 2 c
- canned coconut milk
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp
- red curry paste (more or less, to taste)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- thai fish sauce
- 1 tsp
- packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 stalk(s)
- lemongrass, white part only, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tsp
- fresh lime juice
- 1 lb
- fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 8 oz
- fresh tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 lb
- fresh halibut fillets, skin removed and cut into half lengthwise and then into thirds
- 10 sprig(s)
- fresh cilantro (leaves only)
- fresh basil leaves, chopped (thai basil is best)
How to Make Mussels, Prawns and Halibut in Coconut Curry Sauce
- 1Skim 1/4 cup of the thick cream from the top of the coconut milk and set remaining milk aside.
- 2Warm oil and 1/4 cup coconut cream in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat until simmering. Add curry paste, increase heat to medium-high and stir-fry until oil separates and paste is slightly browned. Lower heat to mudium and stir in fish sauce, brown sugar and salt. Add reserved coconut milk, lemongrass and lime juice. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add mussels and prawns and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Then add halibut and continue cooking until the mussels open, the prawns turn pink and halibut is white throughout, about 5 minutes.
- 4Remove lemongrass. Scatter the cilantro and basil over the top. Serve in individula bowls over cooked Jasmine rice, with lime wedges on the side.