Miso-Glazed Grilled Sea Scallops
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- mirin (or sake)
- 1 to 2 dash(es)
- sesame oil
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb
- sea scallops (about 20 to 24 total)
- vegetable oil, for grilling
- 3 Tbsp
- sesame seeds
- scallion or green onion, sliced (for garnish)
How to Make Miso-Glazed Grilled Sea Scallops
- 1Heat a charcoal or gas grill until very hot. Rub the grill grate with a little vegetable oil, and position grill 3 or 4 inches from the heat.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together miso, mirin (or sake), sesame oil, and pepper.
- 3Thread the scallops (through their equators) onto metal or soaked-wooden skewers. Brush scallops lightly with vegetable oil, and grill until they’re brown on the bottom and release easily from the grill, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Turn and brown for 1 to 2 minutes on the other side; total cooking time should be 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5When they’re almost done, brush on both sides with the miso mixture, and continue to cook, turning once or twice, until the glaze caramelizes a bit and the scallops are done; take the scallops off the grill before the interior becomes totally opaque.
- 6Sprinkle sesame seeds and green onion slices on each serving, and serve immediately.