MG's Thai Rainbow Curry with Shrimp
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/2 can(s)
- coconut milk, unsweetened (i used light)
- 4 Tbsp
- green curry paste
- 1 Tbsp
- fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- chili garlic sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- coconut sugar
- kaffir lime leaves
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 3/4 c
- shredded carrots (i used bagged)
- 4 oz
- shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 lb
- shrimp, peeled and deveined
- green onions, chopped
- 1/3 c
- cilantro, minced (divided)
How to Make MG's Thai Rainbow Curry with Shrimp
- 1In a wok or large skillet, bring coconut milk to a boil over medium high heat. Once boiling, whisk in green curry paste.
- 2Cook for about a minute, then whisk in the fish sauce, chili garlic paste and coconut sugar. Add the Kaffir lime leaves and minced garlic as well. Stir to combine, and allow to cook for a minute.
- 3Add prepared veggies (peppers, mushrooms and carrots) to coconut milk mixture. Cook on medium high heat for approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want your veggies to be tender, but not so soft that they become mushy (keep in mind that they will continue to cook with the shrimp).
- 4Add the shrimp to the pan and stir. Continue cooking for approximately 8 minutes, or until the shrimp turn uniformly pink.
- 5Once the shrimp are cooked, stir in the green onions and 1/4 cup of the cilantro. Cook for about 30 seconds more, then remove from the heat.
- 6Before serving, fish out the Kaffir lime leaves and discard them.
Serve the curry with prepared Jasmine rice, sprinkling each portion with the remaining reserved cilantro.