☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 1/2 Tbspvegetable oil
1hot red chili pepper, thinly sliced crosswise
3green onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts divided
1 lbsea scallops
3/4 lblarge shrimp, shelled and deveined
14 ozunsweetened coconut milk
1 Tbspthai green curry paste
1/4 cchicken broth
1 Tbsplight brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 Tbspasian fish sauce
1 Tbspfresh lime juice
1/2 cfresh cilantro, chopped
How to Make Linguine W/ Scallops & Shrimp in Thai Green Curry
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté chili and white parts of scallions, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Pat scallops and shrimp dry separately and season with salt.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in same skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook scallops until browned, 2 to 3 minutes on each side (scallops will be almost cooked through).
- Transfer scallops to a bowl with slotted spoon and sauté shrimp in same skillet, stirring occasionally, until almost cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp to scallops.
- Add coconut milk, curry paste, broth, brown sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice to skillet, then simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente, then drain in a colander.
- Stir scallops and shrimp with any liquid in bowl into sauce in skillet and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer until scallops and shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer seafood to a clean bowl with slotted spoon and add linguine and cilantro to sauce in skillet, tossing to coat.
- Divide pasta and sauce among 4 bowls.
- Top with seafood and sprinkle with scallion greens and chili mixture.