LEMON AND HERB SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SHRIMP
We loved it so much, but I did make a few changes (doubled the sauce, used cream instead of greek yogurt and reduced the amount of spaghetti squash) after making her recipe how it was written. You know, people have different tastes, and we loved the tanginess of the lemon and the spaghetti squash-a first time for us to try it! So, I thank Kelly for her recipe and urge everyone to re-create recipes to your tastes and likings.
- 1 medium
- spaghetti squash
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 4 Tbsp
- salted butter
- 20 large
- peeled and deveined shrimp with or without tails
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp
- pre-minced garlic from a jar
- 3 medium
- lemons, juiced and seeds removed
- 2 tsp
- lemon zest
- 3/4 c
- dry white wine
- 2 tsp
- dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp
- dried red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/3 c
- heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp
- chopped fresh parsley
How to Make LEMON AND HERB SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SHRIMP
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Cut squash lengthwise and remove seeds. Place cut side down onto prepared baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes-1 hour, testing to make sure inside is tender. Remove and let cool 10 minutes. In a medium bowl, place the inside of the squash halves that have been scraped out with a fork to shred strands of squash to resemble spaghetti. (hence the name I suppose) Set aside.
- 3In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium high heat. Add shrimp, salt, pepper and garlic, stirring to cook for 2 minutes, making sure not to over cook. Remove to plate or bowl.
- 4To the pan add lemon juice, zest, wine, mustard and pepper flakes and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- 5Add shrimp and spaghetti squash and stir. Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.