Lea's Pasta and Clams
Sometimes I add fresh broccoli to the pasta while cooking 3-4 mins.and add to clam sauce.
Be sure to discard any clams that do not open within 8 or 9 mins.
I don't cook with wine very often but you can use wine to steam the clams if you like.
- salt and pepper to taste
- spaghetti or linguini,for 2
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 dozen fresh littleneck clams
- 2-6.5 cans chopped clams
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley,chopped
How to Make Lea's Pasta and Clams
- 1Bring a large pot of water to boil.Add salt,pepper,1 tablespoon garlic and pasta,cooking according to pkg. directions minus 1-2 minutes.
Pour olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat,add the red pepper flakes and remaining garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the fresh clams,stirring gently,for about a minute. Add clam broth.
Cover and cook until clams open.Remove clams as they open to a bowl.Set aside.
Drain the pasta & garlic,add to the skillet along with the cooked fresh clams,can clams and 2 tablespoons of butter stirring until the mixture is "saucy" and the pasta is tender.