Kung Pao Shrimp
1/2 lbshrimp peeled and deveined
1 tspeach corn starch and water
2 tspsoy sauce and shao xing rice wine
3dried red chilies rehydrated in boiling water seeds removed and minced
5scallions chopped with white and green parts separated.
1 Tbspeach chopped garlic and ginger
1 tspeach dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, sesame oil, and cornstarch
3 Tbspeach chinese black vinegar and sugar
1 Tbspchicken stock
1/2 croasted peanuts
How to Make Kung Pao Shrimp
- Mix the shrimp, cornstarch, water, soy sauce and wine in a plastic bag and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Mix the white parts of the scallions with the garlic, ginger. and red chilies. Set aside.
- Mix the dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, black vinegar, sesame oil, chicken stock, sugar and cornstarch together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add oil to saucepan. Add the scallion, garlic, ginger and red chilies. Cook until fragrant about a minute. Add the shrimp and the soy sauce mixture. Cook until shrimp in cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with the green parts of the scallions and peanuts tossed on top.