☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 (8-oz) pkgangel hair pasta
5 Tbspunsalted butter, divided
3/4 cupdry white wine
1/2 cuplight cream
2 tspfresh thyme (or 1 generous pinch dried thyme leaves)
1 pinchsea salt
1/2 tspblack pepper
1/4 tspground nutmeg
2 lbsea scallops
1/2 cupplain breadcrumbs
1/2 cupfinely chopped hazelnuts
4 sprig(s)fresh thyme, for garnish
How to Make Hazelnut-Crusted Scallops
- Cook pasta according to package directions, and drain well.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a cast-iron or oven-proof skillet. Stir in wine, cream, thyme, sea salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add scallops to skillet, and turn a few times to coat thoroughly in the cream sauce. Remove skillet from heat.
- Melt remaining 2 Tbsp butter in microwave oven. Stir breadcrumbs and chopped hazelnuts into the melted butter. Sprinkle the nutty breadcrumb mixture over the scallops.
- Place skillet in oven, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the top is bubbly and starting to brown.
- To serve, divide pasta among 4 individual serving plates. Arrange scallops on top of pasta, garnish each with a sprig of thyme, and serve immediately.