Grilled Shrimp, Texas Style
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup orange juice
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped, or to your taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
How to Make Grilled Shrimp, Texas Style
- 1Place shrimp in a large bowl. Combine remaining ingredients and pour onto shrimp. Toss to coat, cover, and place in refrigerator for 30-60 minutes. Preheat grill for medium heat. Put shrimp onto skewers. Place skewer through tail and top (like a “C”). Place onto grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. When shrimp no longer looks translucent, remove from heat and serve.
- 2Tip: Serve with melted butter to which you’ve added a little garlic and lemon juice. YUM! Or combine with your favorite steak recipe!!!