Grilled Shrimp & Scallops w/lemon butter sauce
- one pound of large cleaned and deveined shrimp one pound of small cleaned scallops italian bread crumbs olive oil unsalted butter salt pepper lemons garlic onion parsley basil white wine one lb of spaghetti wooden skewers applewood chips for cooking
How to Make Grilled Shrimp & Scallops w/lemon butter sauce
- 1For the sauce. Dice one white onion along with four Cloves of garlic. Lightly sautee in olive oil until onion is translucent being careful not to burn the garlic. Add one cup of white wine along with one cup of fresh lemon juice and reduce to oatmeal like consistency. Set aside. Next take your wooden skewers & wood chips and soak in water
- 2For the Seafood. Make sure Shrimp and Scallops have been cleaned. Lightly brush with olive oil add salt & pepper. In a mixing bowl combine Italian bread crumbs, minced garlic, chopped basil and parsley, salt, pepper and olive oil mix thoroughly. Next lightly roll Shrimp and Scallops in bread crumb mixture and shake off any excess. Next using skewers and depending on size, alternate Shrimp and Scallops until skewers are full
- 3For the Grill. Once your Grill is hot depending on type of Grill either add wood chips to your coals or make a pouch out of foil, add wood chips fold, poke holes add to your Grill.
- 4To cook. Once you smell the wood brush Grill grates with oil and add skewers. They will cook fast about 2-3 minutes per side so monitor and turn as Shrimp start to change colors. Once done put on tray and hold in oven preset to 165F so we can finish the sauce.
- 5To complete sauce take the reduced white wine, lemon juice mixture and place on low heat. Take one pound butter cut into pats and slowly wisk into mixture continuously as mixture becomes a creamy sauce.
- 6To serve. Place skewers ontop a bed of spaghetti, Top with sauce and sprinkle with chopped parsley