Grilled Lemon-Tarragon Lobster
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
- 1/2 stick
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp
- lemon peel, grated
- 2 Tbsp
- chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh tarragon, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
- live maine lobsters, each about 1 1/2 pounds
How to Make Grilled Lemon-Tarragon Lobster
- 1Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Stir butter lemon juice and lemon peel in heavy small saucepan over low heat until butter melts. Mix in chives and tarragon; season with salt and pepper. Set pan at edge of grill to keep sauce warm.
- 2Meanwhile, bring large pot of water to boil. Drop lobsters headfirst into water. Cover pot; boil lobsters 2 minutes. Transfer lobsters to work surface. Using heavy large knife or cleaver, split lobsters in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard gray intestinal tract, gills and sand sac from head. Leave any red roe or green tomalley intact if desired. Crack claws. Brush cut side of lobsters with 1 tablespoon butter sauce.
- 3Grill lobsters, cut side down, 4 minutes. Turn again so that cut side is down and grill until lobster meat is just opaque but still juicy, about 2 minutes. Transfer lobsters to plates. Brush lightly with sauce. Serve, passing any remaining sauce separately.