Gratin de Coquilles St. Jacques
1/2 cbutter at room temperature
1 cthinly sliced mushrooms
3 Tbspshallots finely chopped
1 Tbspgarlic finely chopped
1 lbfresh bay scallops
1/2 cbread crumbs-i use seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cparsley finely chopped
·salt and pepper
How to Make Gratin de Coquilles St. Jacques
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, while oven is preheating do the following.
- melt 1/4 cup of the butter in a small skillet and add mushrooms. Cook stirring often, until the mushrooms are wilted and release their liquid. Add the shallots and garlic and cook briefly. About 1 or 2 minutes.
- Then spoon the mushroom mixture into a mixing bowl. Let cool slightly,then add 2 tablespoons of butter,the scallops, bread crumbs, parsley and salt and pepper to your liking. Blend Well
- Use this mixture to fill 6 seafood shells or pie plate.
Arrange the filled shells on a cookie sheet. Then melt the rest of the butter that you have left and pore it over the mixture in your shells.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Then put your cookie sheet with your baked mixture under the broiler until nicely browned, takes about 1 minute. watch as you don't want to burn it.