Garlic Parm Shrimp and Pasta
It only takes as long to make as it takes the pasta to cook !
We took some of our favorite things and tossed them together and came up with this tasty meal.
We had it with a small side salad and a piece of garlic bread .. yummy !
8 ozfettuccine or linguine pasta
2 Tbspchopped shallots or 1 tbsp chopped yellow onion
1 tspminced garlic - or more to taste
1 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tspparsley flakes
1/2 tspdill weed
pinchred pepper flakes - to taste
1 lbshrimp - shelled, cleaned and tails removed
1/4 cwhite wine or chicken broth
·parmesan cheese for garnish
·snipped chives for garnish
How to Make Garlic Parm Shrimp and Pasta
- Regarding the shrimp .. this is one time where size really doesn't matter :)
I used jumbo shrimp because that is what I had.
However you could use any size you like with the exception of those tiny bay shrimp. I think they would not do well with this so go with some small or larger shrimp.
- This recipe only takes as long too cook as the pasta does .. so get everything ready then start the pasta and GO !
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
Add shallots and saute until soft.
Add minced garlic, garlic powder, parsley flakes, dill weed, red pepper flakes and shrimp.
- Saute until shrimp are just beginning to turn pink then add the wine or broth.
Drop the heat down to simmer and continue to cook until the shrimp are done.
- If there is not enough liquid begin adding small amounts of pasta water until you have somewhat of a watery sauce.
- Using tongs grab the pasta from the cooking water and place it into your serving bowl or plate.
Top with the shrimp then drizzle the pan sauce over the dish.
Garnish with some snipped chives and a bit of parmesan cheese if desired.