EASY SHRIMP & ASPARAGUS TORTELLINI ALFREDO
1/3 to 1/2 cfresh asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch lengths (about 3 or 4 stalks)
·water and 1 tsp. salt for boiling pasta
6 ozthree cheese tortellini (dry, shelf-stable, 1/2 pkg; i use barilla)
1 jar(s)alfredo sauce
6 to 8 ozsmall frozen cooked shrimp, thawed & drained
·salt and pepper to taste
·black truffle salt (optional, but recommended)
·fresh chives for garnish (optional)
How to Make EASY SHRIMP & ASPARAGUS TORTELLINI ALFREDO
- Fill a 2 to 3 quart saucepan with water, to within 1 1/2 inches from top. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil over high heat.
- While waiting for water to boil, empty alfredo sauce into a saucepan. Warm sauce over medium low heat, stirring frequently so as not to scorch.
- After 7 minutes, add asparagus to boiling pasta; set timer and cook for additional 3 minutes.
- While asparagus and tortellini finish cooking, add shrimp to hot alfredo sauce on medium-low heat.
- Drain tortellini and asparagus. Return to saucepan.
- Pour shrimp and sauce over the hot pasta; stir gently to thoroughly coat pasta and asparagus. Taste for seasoning and adjust to your liking.