Crabcake Stuffed Portobellos
1 can(s)crabmeat, 6 oz.
1/4 ccelery, minced fine
1/4 conion, minced fine
3 Tbspbutter, divided
1 tspworcestershire sauce
1/4 tspsalt and pepper, each
1 largeegg, slightly beaten
1 tspparsley, dried
2 sliceswiss cheese
2 largeportobello cap mushrooms
How to Make Crabcake Stuffed Portobellos
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Clean the mushrooms. Snap off stems and set aside. Using a grapefruit spoon, scrape out the brown gills from the underside of the mushroom.
- Melt 1 T butter in a small skillet. Trim ends from mushroom stems. Mince the stems. Mince celery and onion. Saute mushroom stems, celery and onion together, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until soft.
- While veggies are sauteing, prepare crab mixture. Drain crab meat (removing paper liners) and flake if necessary. Add Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and parsley.
Beat the egg lightly, and add to the crab mixture. Mix well.
- Prepare the mushroom caps. In a small cup, melt the remaining 2 T of butter. Brush the butter over the inside and outside of the portobellos. Set the portobellos upside down on a small rimmed cookie sheet.
- Divide the crab mixture in two. Shape into patties and place in the upturned portobellos. Brush with remaining butter.
Bake in 375 degree oven for 15 minutes. Pull the portobellos out and top with the swiss cheese. Return the portobellos to the oven and bake for 5 minutes more. Enjoy!
You can also use a white worcestershire sauce for a lighter flavor. Or a dash or two of crab/seafood seasoning.