Crab stuffed peppers
How to Make Crab stuffed peppers
- Prepare the peppers by cutting in half and seeding. Bake for 20 minutes at 300F or until a light char forms around edges
- Meanwhile prepare crab filling by placing crab meat, ground crackers, garlic and Parmesean cheese in a medium bowl. Finley chop Brussels sprouts. Be sure to remove bottom stem and any bad looking leaves first. Add to crab mixture and mix well. Add melted butter and stir. The filling should be wet enough to form a ball and stick together so test it as you add the butter. It might not take all of it.
- Let the crab mixture stand for at least 10 minutes so the crackers get soft.
- Remove the bell peppers from the oven and let cool unless you have asbestos hands. Stuff each half pepper with the crab mixture. Over fill each. They look better that way. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes keeping an eye on them so they don't burn.
- To serve make a quick bechamel sauce with a good amount of crushed garlic. Make it thick so it can be piped over stuffed pepper just before serving.