12prawns head and shell on (optional) cut along the outside edge of prawns to remove the vein head rinsed out
1/3 ccoconut shredded
6 clovegarlic minced
1/4 cdried curry leaves (optional)
1 mediumshallot chopped
1 Tbspsoy sauce
How to Make Butter Prawns
- You don't have to cook the shrimp in the shell with heads on but it gives the sauce a better flavor. To clean the shrimp, squeeze the heads while running cold water over them. Cut a slit on the outside of the prawns and pull out the poop vein. Rinse well in cold water and set aside. In a dry skillet place the coconut over medium high heat and cook until browned. Immediately remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the oil in a large skillet and fry the prawns 2 minutes each side. Remove from the skillet and set aside. Wipe out the pan.
- Add the butter and melt. Add the garlic, shallot and dried curry leaves and cook 2 minutes. Add the honey and soy sauce. Cook 1 minutes.
- Add the prawns back to the pan and add the coconut. Stir well and cook 2 minutes.
- Serve the prawns with sauce spooned over