Bacon Grilled Oysters
How to Make Bacon Grilled Oysters
- Heat a charcoal grill to 450 degrees.
- Place oysters on a seafood rack or nestle in a bed of coarse salt.
- In a cast iron skillet, melt butter. Add bacon and scallion and cook until bacon is done.
- Top oysters with the bacon mix and place on grill. Close lid. Cook until just done, don't dry them out.
- NOTE - this is great on clams too - place clams on grill with lid up until opened. While cooking add 1/2 cup white wine to bacon mixture in skilled, cook down by 1/2, add another 2 tablespoons of butter. Remove clams to a bowl and pour the bacon mixture over.