Barnyard Biscuit Bakes
Suggestion: For a dinner dish you can turn the finished biscuits out onto a plate and drizzle w/brown or beef gravy.
Tureen thickness, size, and material all vary the cooking speed so getting that perfect balance of cooked biscuits and runny yolks may require practice.
How to Make Barnyard Biscuit Bakes
- Prep Step: Preheat oven to 375 and lightly butter 4 oven-safe tureens
- Prep Step: Cut each biscuit in half horizontally (top and bottom), cut spam into 8 equal slices and cut each slice in quarters, also cut each slice of cheese into quarters.
- Build Step: Place one half of a biscuit into the tureens first but do not press it because you don't want to flatten the dough
- Layer 1 quartered spam slice (4 pieces) atop the biscuit followed by 1 quartered cheese slice (4 pieces), and crack 1 egg on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and finish layering with the other half of the biscuit.
- Cook at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until top of biscuits is a deep golden brown to ensure bottom half gets cooked through.
- After removing from the oven let rest for a few minutes as the tureens will be very hot. You can either turn the biscuit bakes out onto a plate or serve in the tureen with a spoon.