★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 1 medium
- green pepper
- 1 small
- yellow onion
- 1 lb
- mushrooms, whole
- 1 can(s)
- sloppy joe sauce
- 16 oz
- shredded 4 blended cheese
- 1 pkg
- white corn tostito chips
How to Make Saucey Tortillos Bake
- 1In a large skillet, on med high heat, brown the ground beef, breaking pieces apart while it is cooking.
- 2While browning the ground beef start chopping up the green pepper and mushrooms into pieces and finely chop yellow onion, set aside.
- 3Remove beef from skillet, set beef aside. Drain all but 1/4 cup oil from skillet.
- 4Place green pepper and onion into skillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add in mushroom pieces and cook until mushrooms reduce down.
- 5Place cooked ground beef back into pan with veg mixer. Mix in can of sloppy joe sauce. Remove from heat.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray bottom of a 9x12 casserole pan with non-stick spray.
- 7Create layers as follows in prepared casserole dish: 1/3 of the beef mixer, then a single layer of tostito chips, then a layer of shredded cheese on top of chips. Repeat layers 2 more times ending with cheese on top. You will most likely have some chips left over, if so set them aside for later.
- 8Place a lightly sprayed piece of foil with sprayed side down on top of casserole dish. Cook 20-25 mins in the preheated oven.
- 9Remove from oven and let set for a few minutes before cutting into serving squares. Place a few exta chips on each plate when serving.