★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 lbground beef
1 mediumgreen pepper
1 smallyellow onion
1 lbmushrooms, whole
1 can(s)sloppy joe sauce
16 ozshredded 4 blended cheese
1 pkgwhite corn tostito chips
How to Make Saucey Tortillos Bake
- In a large skillet, on med high heat, brown the ground beef, breaking pieces apart while it is cooking.
- While browning the ground beef start chopping up the green pepper and mushrooms into pieces and finely chop yellow onion, set aside.
- Remove beef from skillet, set beef aside. Drain all but 1/4 cup oil from skillet.
- Place green pepper and onion into skillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add in mushroom pieces and cook until mushrooms reduce down.
- Place cooked ground beef back into pan with veg mixer. Mix in can of sloppy joe sauce. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray bottom of a 9x12 casserole pan with non-stick spray.
- Create layers as follows in prepared casserole dish: 1/3 of the beef mixer, then a single layer of tostito chips, then a layer of shredded cheese on top of chips. Repeat layers 2 more times ending with cheese on top. You will most likely have some chips left over, if so set them aside for later.
- Place a lightly sprayed piece of foil with sprayed side down on top of casserole dish. Cook 20-25 mins in the preheated oven.
- Remove from oven and let set for a few minutes before cutting into serving squares. Place a few exta chips on each plate when serving.