Turkey Pesto Melt
I am hungry!
recipe/photo( Go Bold With Butter Web Site)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature and divided
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar(i would omit sugar)
- 8 slices italian or country bread
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 tablespoons bbq sauce
- 8 ounces low-sodium deli turkey
- 4 slices swiss cheese
How to Make Turkey Pesto Melt
- 1Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sprinkle with sugar and cook for 25-30 minutes or until dark brown and caramelized, stirring occasionally and turning heat down to medium-low when onions begin to brown. Set aside to cool – may be made up to a day ahead of time.
- 2Spread 1/2 tablespoon butter on one side of each slice of bread, then place buttered-side-down on cutting board. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto on 4 bread slices, and 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce on the remaining bread slices. Divide turkey, caramelized onions, and cheese between 4 bread slices then top with remaining slices.
- 3Cook in a Panini press preheated to medium-high heat until golden brown and crisp or in a large skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes a side. Slice in half then serve.