Texas Steak Sandwich (sallye)
I'll bet you use this recipe again and again.
RELISH SPREAD INGREDIENTS
4 to 6 mediumroma tomatoes
6 to 8 largepitted black olives
2 Tbspolive oil
2 tspred wine vinegar
1/2 mediumred onion
1 tspchili powder
1 tspdark brown sugar
1 tspgarlic powder
1 tspcoarse ground black pepper
1 tspcoarse sea salt
1-1/2 lbtop sirloin steak, l" thick
2 tspolive oil
8 slicetexas toast (sourdough is awesome)
3 Tbspolive oil
1 cfresh baby spinach
How to Make Texas Steak Sandwich (sallye)
- Making Relish
- Cut tomatoes in half and place in food processor.
Place olives in processor
Cut red onion into wedges and place in processor.
Dribble 2 tablespoons oil and red wine vinegar into the processor
Pulse ingredients just until coarsely chopped (usually about 4 to 5 pulses will do it).
Place in glass bowl or jar with cover and set in fridge until ready to use. Can be made 5-6 hours ahead of time.
- Preparing Steak
- Place chili powder, sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix until well blended.
Rub over entire area of steak and set aside
- In heavy cast iron skillet, pour 2 teaspoons olive oil and turn heat to medium high. When oil begins to ripple, place steak in the skillet and cook about 3 minutes per side for medium rare. When cooked, transfer to a cutting board.
- Brush each side of bread slices with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil and place in same skillet. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. (You will have to cook in batches)
- While bread is toasting, cut the steak across the grain into 1/4"thick slices and set aside.
- When first four slices of bread are toasted, place on individual plates. Spread relish generously over each slice. Top with spinach
- Add steak over the spinach, then spread any remaining relish over meat.
Cover with remaining 4 slices of toasted bread.
- Great served alone or with your favorite sides.