☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3/4 cmonterey jack cheese, shredded (3 ounces)
1/2 ccooked ham, diced
3 Tbspgreen chilies, chopped
1/2 clettuce, shredded
4 6-inchflour tortillas
1 Tbspbutter or margarine, melted
2 Tbspbutter or margarine
·taco sauce, purchased, optional
How to Make Tex-Mex Ham and Cheese Sandwich
- Combine cheese, ham, chiles, and lettuce, tossing well.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with melted butter.
- Place 2 tortillas, buttered side down, on work surface.
- Spoon cheese mixture evenly over the 2 tortillas, pressing with the back of a spoon. Top with remaining tortillas, buttered side up; press top tortillas gently.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter on a griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat. Place tortilla sandwiches on griddle; grill until bottom is crisp and lightly browned; carefully turn sandwiches to grill other side.
- Serve with taco sauce, if desired.