Summer Garden and Italian Sausage Sandwich
- 3/4 c
- mixed cherry tomatoes
- hungarian or banana pepper, 1/4 slices crosswise; stem and seeds removed
- medium yellow squash; cut into 1 x 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 c
- sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 tsp
- fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
- (2 ounces each) mild italian sausage links
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp
- chopped roasted garlic (i used purchased)
- pretzel hoagie rolls
- 4 slice
- (1 ounce each) provolone cheese
How to Make Summer Garden and Italian Sausage Sandwich
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil, or parchment paper; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, stir together tomatoes, Hungarian or banana pepper, squash, mushrooms, olive oil, salt and black pepper until vegetables are coated with oil. Spread into a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, stirring once half-way through roasting. Remove from oven and drain excess liquids.
- 3While vegetables roast, place sausage links in a large skillet over low-medium heat; tightly cover. Cook sausages about 15 minutes until cooked completely; turn sausages frequently. Remove cooked sausages to paper towel lined plate; blot excess grease.
- 4In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, parmesan cheese and garlic; set aside.
- 5Split and toast cut side of hoagie rolls. Spread an equal portion of the mayonnaise blend on the cut side of each roll. Cut sausage links in half lengthwise; place in roll to fill length of bread. Cut provolone cheese in half; place over sausage. Put sandwich under broiler for about 1 minute to melt cheese. Spoon an equal portion of the roasted vegetables over the top of sandwich. Enjoy!
- 6Yield: 4 servings.