Spanish Ham and Cheese Sandwich-Bocadillo de Jamón
The original recipe is for 2 servings. But it's pretty filling, so it could easily serve 4 as a snack or light lunch.
- 1 loaf
- baguette-style galician bread (or a rustic mediterranean baguette)
- 6 oz
- thinly sliced jamón serrano (a spanish serrano cured ham)
- 6 oz
- thinly sliced manchego cheese
- 7-ounce jar(s)
- wood fire-roasted piquillo peppers
- 3-ounce jar(s)
- spanish black olives, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 to 3 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
How to Make Spanish Ham and Cheese Sandwich-Bocadillo de Jamón
- 1Slice baguette in half, lengthwise. Drizzle olive oil on the inside of both halves of the bread.
- 2Arrange the ham on the bottom half of the baguette, then arrange Manchego cheese slices on top of the ham. Then arrange the piquillo peppers over the cheese. Then (if using the olives) evenly distribute the olives on top of the peppers.
- 3Place the other half of the bread on top. Cut the baguette in half. To serve, cut both portions in half (for easier handling), and serve with tapas or your favorite chips.