Smoked Brisket Sandwich with Slaw & Provolone
Andy Anderson !
Or you could have a party, and make some awesome smoked brisket sandwiches. I choose the latter. So, Yummy.
If you have the brisket, these sandwiches are simple to assemble, and tasty as all get-out.
So, you ready… Let’s get into the kitchen.
- 1/2 lb
- smoked brisket, sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- bq sauce (i’m going with sweet baby rays)
- 1/4 c
- fresh coleslaw
- 2 large
- rustic buns
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 slice
- provolone cheese
- 1 small
- tomato, sliced
- 2 medium
- dill pickle spears
- french fried onions, for garnish
How to Make Smoked Brisket Sandwich with Slaw & Provolone
- 3Chef’s Note: Everyone, once in a lifetime, should smoke a nice packer-cut brisket. Trust me, it’s a 15-hour labor of love that you’ll fondly remember for the rest of your lives… Or not. I usually start the process around 10p, put a blanket in an outdoor sun chair, get a good book, and get ‘er done.
If that’s not your cup of tea, you can always purchase some brisket from your local butcher. Just make sure that it doesn’t come in a package swimming in some arcane BBQ sauce. I just want brisket… I’ll decide what sauce to go with it.
- 4Chef’s Note: The coleslaw is an important part of this recipe, and it’s fairly easy to make. You want a slaw with simple flavors. I want to taste the slaw, but I also want to taste the brisket.
Here’s an example of the type of coleslaw that works well with this recipe: Andy’s Amazing Coleslaw