Simply Pulled Pork
4-8 lbpork butt or shoulder
2-4onions, yellow, peeled and quarted
2-4 Tbspliquid smoke flavoring
·pickles, sliced, optional
How to Make Simply Pulled Pork
- Pat pork dry. Liberally season all sides with seasoned salt and seasoned pepper.
- Place onions on bottom of slow cooker. Place pork, fat side up, on onions.
- Measure liquid. Add liquid smoke. Pour in slow cooker
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, to internal temperature of 190 degrees.
- Remove pork and onions from slow cooker. Let rest. Defat liquid and put aside.
- Using hands or two forks, shred pork, removing fat, if desired. Place in slow cooker. Chop onions and mix with pork. Add enough liquid to moisten. Save extra liquid and add as needed.
- Serve with buns, and favorite bbq sauces. Additional side ideas, coleslaw and/or sliced pickles.