Onion 'N Pepper Beef Steak Sandwiches
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From National Cattlemen's Beef Association.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 ozbeef round tip steaks, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
2 tspvegetable oil
1 smallonion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
1 mediumjalapeno pepper, cut into rings
1 smallgarlic clove, crushed
1/8 tspsalt, optional
2kaiser rolls, split
1/4 ctomato, chopped
How to Make Onion 'N Pepper Beef Steak Sandwiches
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, jalapeño pepper and garlic; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from skillet; reserve.
- Add beef round tip steaks to same skillet; cook over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes, turning once.
- Do not over cook.
- Season with salt, if desired.
- Place equal amounts of beef on roll bottoms; top with equal amounts of reserved onion mixture and tomato.
- Cover with roll tops.
I find that if I add the jalapenos as directed, the onions end up too spicy. So now I add them right at the very end.