Chicken Salad Sandwich by Maggie
So along came this concoction which is a combo of several recipes all balled up into one.
I love this chicken salad and it's not only great on sandwiches but it is awesome on a green salad .. use your ice cream scoop and make a nice big ball of it right in the center of that salad .. YUMMY !
It's a great appetizer too .. serve it with crackers.
And of course ... there's always just the spoon !
1boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 Tbspbutter - melted
1/4 tspdill weed
1/2 cchopped celery
3 Tbspchopped onion - red or yellow
1/4 cred seedless grapes - halved
1/4 cdiced sweet apple - honeycrisp or gala
1/4 tspdill weed
1/4 csour cream
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken Salad Sandwich by Maggie
- Preheat oven to 350.
Spray a small baking dish with cooking spray.
Place the chicken breast into the baking dish. Pour melted butter over top of breast. Sprinkle dill weed and then salt and pepper lightly.
Cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes or until done.
Cool completely before assembling.
- In a medium size bowl combine the celery, onion, craisins, grapes, apple, dill weed and paprika and stir to blend well.
- Add sour cream to the mixture and stir to coat. Add mayonnaise - add enough to moisten the entire contents of the bowl.
Set bowl into fridge to chill while you prepare the cooked chicken.
- Take the chicken breast and use either your fingers or forks to pull it apart into shreds. When it is completely pulled apart add it to the bowl of chilled ingredients.
- Mix well and at this time add extra mayonnaise to your taste. Some like it extra "wet" with mayo and some prefer it to be just barely kissed by the mayo.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Place into a container with a tight fitting lid and chill for at least 2 hours before eating.
- I like to make this the day before. The longer it sits the better the flavors blend.
Of course the best way to use this is in a sandwich but it is also great on crackers or scooped into the center of a green salad.