Maggie's Topless Tuna Melt
We prefer the softer bread over the English muffin that some like. If English muffins or even bagels are your thing then by all means use that!
- 2 Tbsp
- real mayonnaise - light or regular
- 2 Tbsp
- finely chopped celery
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped black olives
- 1/4 tsp
- dill weed
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1 tsp
- lime juice
- 5 oz can water pack tuna - oil can be used if desired
- cheese - medium cheddar, montery jack, provolone
- red onion sliced thinly - optional
- tomato slices
- hamburger buns or potato buns
How to Make Maggie's Topless Tuna Melt
- 1In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, celery, olives, dill weed and paprika.
Add the citrus juices and stir to combine.
Cover and let it chill in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- 2While the mayonnaise mixture is chilling lightly toast the cut side of your hamburger or potato bun.
- 3Open, drain and flake the tuna. Fold into the mayonnaise mixture.
- 4Pile the tuna mix onto the toasted side of the bun.
Flatten slightly then add the onion slice, tomato slice and then the cheese slices.
- 5Place under the broiler just long enough to have the cheese melt and begin to bubble and brown.
Serving size is 2 halves of yumminess !
As with most of my recipes, if there is something in this that you don't care for (other than the tuna) just leave it out.
Regarding the cheeses ... I like to mix them up and use a little of each over the top of the sandwich but feel free to use whichever you like best.
- 7Serve with a nice crunchy dill pickle and a steaming bowl of soup or chowder.
And if you need some soup or chowder ideas come on over to Soups, Stews, Chowder and Chili for some awesome recipes!