Linky's Cubano Plus
A personal goal was to try to keep this on the diet-friendly side! This is my version. Nicely served with a small salad or crudités. Or plantain chips - yum!
1mini french roll
3-4 sliceham, deli-sliced
3-4 slicechicken or turkey breast, deli-sliced
4 slicethin-cut swiss cheese
·goya sofrito, or favorite brand
·dill pickle slices
1 pinchoregano, dried
·butter or oil for pan
How to Make Linky's Cubano Plus
- Slice bun in half lengthwise and spread one cut half with yellow mustard and the other cut half with sofrito.
- On the bottom half layer in the following order:
2 slices swiss cheese, ham, oregano, onions, chicken, pickles, 2 slices cheese. Cover with top half of bread.
- Heat a cast iron pan or skillet and add a small amount of olive oil or butter (or use pan spray.) Swirl pan to spread out oil. Place sandwich in pan and cover with another cast iron pan, or other pan weighted down with a brick or canned goods. (I used a skillet on the bottom and cast iron pan on top.) Or use a panini press.
- Toast sandwich until cheese is melty and bread is crispy. About 4 minutes per side.
- NOTE: As written, 11 WW points. You can cut a few points out by using cooking spray instead of oil and using fewer slices of cheese.