Kathy's Cuban Sandwich
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbspunsalted butter, softened
112-inch cuban bread baguette (or 2 slices of white bread)
1 Tbspyellow mustard
1 Tbsphellman's mayonnaise
1 tspdiced pimento (or to taste)
1 Tbsptomato sauce
2 sliceroasted pork
2 sliceswiss cheese
2-3 slicedill pickle, thin sliced
How to Make Kathy's Cuban Sandwich
- Get your press ready (can use a panini press) - buttering or oiling so it won't stick - and heat it up.
- Spread the butter and mayo on one slice of bread. Spread mustard and tomato sauce on the other slice of bread.
- Lay 1 slice of cheese on the bottom slice, then layer with the ham, roast pork, and pimento. Top with 1 more slice of cheese. Put the other slice of bread on top (condiments faced inward).
- Put the sandwich on the press and press down firmly to desired thickness and wait until the press light turns green (or when bread is flattened, toasted, and cheese has melted.
- Take the finished sandwich off of the press. Slice in half and enjoy!