Italian Sausage Subs
1 pkgitalian sausage, hot
1 pkgsubmarine sandwich rolls
1 pkgitalian blend cheese, or mozzarella
1green bell pepper,sliced
1red bell pepper,sliced
How to Make Italian Sausage Subs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- For easy cleanup, line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large skillet, cover just the bottom with water & add sausages, cook over medium heatuntil done, turning frequently. The water will evaporate, so you get the nice brown marks on each side.
- While sausages cook, in another skillet, over medium heat, add 1-2 tablespoons of oil, then sliced peppers & onions. Add Seasonings to taste. Cook until crisp tender stirring often.( they usually are done about the same time as the sausages.
- Put sub rolls on lined pan & put a layer of cheese in the bottom. Add sausage(I usually cut the sausage in half & stagger them in the bun because the rolls I buy are longer than the sausages)
- Add peppers & onions, top with cheese.