Italian Hot Dogs
Angela (Grammy) Derby
- 1 pkg
- hot dogs (use your favorite kind)
- medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- large onion, sliced
- red, yellow or green peppers, sliced (or a combination of all three)
- 1/2 tsp
- granulated garlic or 2 cloves fresh, minced
- 1/2-3/4 c
- tomato sauce (depends how "wet" you like it)
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- oregano (optional)
- italian rolls (heat them in the oven for a crisp crust)
How to Make Italian Hot Dogs
- 1Fry potato slices in olive oil until just starting to soften; add sliced peppers and onions. Cook until all are tender. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- 2Slice the hot dogs into 1" circles, place in the same pan and let cook until heated through and a little browned; this takes almost no time at all. Then, pour the potatoes, peppers and onions back into the pan; stir gently to combine.
- 3Stir in tomato sauce, and seasonings; simmer until heated through.
- 4Serve on warm Italian rolls!