I'm Stuffed! - Vegetarian Pita Pocket for one
1/4 cchick peas
2 Tbspfeta cheese crumbled
3 Tbspolive oil - divided
1/2 tspdried oregano
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make I'm Stuffed! - Vegetarian Pita Pocket for one
- Slice a Pocket Pita bread in half. Reserve 1/2 for another use
- Take a half inch thick slice from an eggplant - more or less the size of your pita. (I have never found it necessary to salt the eggplant)
Slice a tomato in 1/2" thick slices - you will use two or three slices
- Add 1/2 tsp of oregano to the chickpeas and set aside.
Crumble 2 - 3 Tbsp of feta (or goats cheese) and set aside
- Heat a skillet and add 1 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil on medium high heat. When hot add eggplant and tomato slices and season with salt and pepper. Turn tomatoes after about 3 minutes or when they start to brown and soften and cook another 2 or 3 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Th eggplant will take approximately 5 minutes per side or until golden and softened. Remove from skillet.
- To assemble first lay in the eggplant, folding if necessary to fit the pita. Layer the tomato slices on top of that and then fill in the remaining space with the chick peas. Crumble feta (or goat cheese) on top and grab yourself a handful of napkins. Enjoy