Vicki Butts (lazyme)
4sausages (chorizo or good italian sausage)
1crusty baguette, cut into 4 pieces
2 Tbspminced red onion
1/2serrano pepper, minced
1/3 cred wine vinegar
1/2 tspred pepper flakes
1bay leaf, crumbled
2 tspdried oregano
1 tspkosher salt
1 tspblack pepper
1/2 colive oil
1 cminced parsley
How to Make Grilled Choripan
- For Chimichurri:
Combine minced garlic, red onion, and Serrano pepper with red wine vinegar, water, dried spices, and salt and pepper.
- Whisk in olive oil in a slow steady stream.
- Then stir in minced parsley.
- Let sit for at least 30 minutes to let flavors mingle.
- For Choripan:
Preheat grill to medium-high heat or direct charcoal grilling.
- Add sausage to grill and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning frequently until casing is getting crispy and the sausage is mostly cooked through.
- Using tongs and a sharp knife, cut 3/4 of the way through the sausages, lengthwise.
- Fold them out and press them flat on the grill.
- Let them cook for another 4-5 minutes to get nice and crispy.
- Meanwhile, slice baguette in half, drizzle with olive oil and press on the hot grill for a minute to char a bit and get good grill marks.
- Serve crispy sausages on baguette drizzled heavily with chimichurri sauce.
- Eat immediately!