Eiersalade (Dutch Egg Salad)
2 Tbspheavy cream or milk
2green onion, white parts minced and the green parts thinly sliced
·dill pickle slices
How to Make Eiersalade (Dutch Egg Salad)
- Add the eggs to a pan of cold water. Bring to a rolling boil, cover with lid and shut off the heat. Leave the eggs covered for 12 minutes. Pour off the hot water and cover with ice cold water.
- Peel the boiled eggs and cut down the middle lengthwise. Separate the yolks and the whites.
- Chop the egg whites into small pieces. Smash egg yolks with a fork then add the mayonnaise, 1 T milk or cream and the mustard. Add the white parts and green parts of the onion. Mix completely. If mixture is too dry add the 1 T of milk.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Put 1/4 of mixture on each of 4 slices of bread. Add lettuce, tomato, and pickles.
- Cover with another slice of bread. Serve.