☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12hard boiled eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
1/4 cdried currants
1 largegreen onion, finely chopped
2 Tbspminced fresh cilantro
2 3/4 tspcurry powder
1 smallcucumber, peeled, cut lengthwise in half, seeded
12 slicecountry white bread, toasted
How to Make Curried Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Scoop egg yolks into large bowl; mash well with fork.
- Finely chop egg whites; add to yolks.
- Mix in currants, green onion, and cilantro. Mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise and curry powder in small bowl; stir into egg mixture. Mix in more mayonnaise by tablespoonfuls if salad is dry.
- Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 3 hours ahead. Cover; chill.)
- Thinly slice cucumber crosswise into half-rounds. Place slices on paper towels to drain.
- Arrange toast on work surface; spread each toast slice with mayonnaise.
- Divide salad among 6 toast slices; top each with cucumber slices and second toast slice. Cut sandwiches in half; serve.