Cuban sandwich like no other
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1french rolls, split
1 Tbspbutter, softened
1 Tbspyellow mustard
1-2 slicecooked pork (leftover works well)
3-6 slicespanish chorizo (depending on size and your taste)
2 slicegreen bell pepper
1-2 sliceswiss cheese
1-2 slicedill pickle (not chips)
How to Make Cuban sandwich like no other
- Spread butter on one half of the bread roll and a thin layer of mustard on the other. Place 1 layer pork, 1 layer chorizo, a layer of green bell pepper, 1 layer cheese, and, finally, pickles on the buttered bread and top with the mustard-spread bread.
- Press down on sandwich to flatten and then wrap in aluminum foil.
- Heat your grill to high and close the lid. Wait at least 15 minutes before lowering the heat to medium and continuing.
- Place the wrapped, flattened sandwich on the grill and top with a brick. Close the lid and grill for 4 – 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the sandwich from the grill and cut at an angle into small sandwich wedges (triangles). Place on a large platter and serve while still hot.
- **Note as you can see in the photo my grill was on med-high and burned my sandwich. I have adjusted the recipe down to medium which work better on fallowing tries. Please remember all grills heat differently so you may need to also adjust a bit.