Cuban Sandwich - A Mi Manera
112" section of cuban or french loaf
4 ozsliced swiss cheese
4 - 5 ozham slices
4 - 5 ozsliced pork loin
4 slicegreen bell pepper in rings
3 slicered onion separated into rings
1/2 cblack beans slightly mashed
4 - 6 slicedill pickles
2 Tbspyellow mustard
1/2 tsporegano, dried
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Cuban Sandwich - A Mi Manera
- Slice bread horizontally and spread mustard on both cut sides
- On the bottom half lay down half of the Swiss cheese followed by the ham and pork slices.
- Place green pepper and onion rings over the meat and top with the smashed black beans (You smash them so they don't roll out.)
- Sprinkle with S&P to taste and the oregano.
Layer on dill pickle slices and top with the remaining half of cheese. Top with remaining bread.
Butter one side of the bread (using half the butter) and place butter side down in a preheated panini pan or cast-iron skillet.
- If using a skillet, place another cast iron skillet on top and press down. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes on medium-high until the bottom is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the top skillet, butter the top section of bread and flip it over butter side down. Replace the top skillet and press for full contact. Cook an additional 2 - 3 minutes until this side is golden and crispy.
- Remove from pan and cut into diagonal sections.