Using a panini press is highly recommendable. However, if you don't own one like me, you can use a larger and a smaller skillet, the latter preferably cast iron for pressing down the sandwich thoroughly. Be careful not to burn your hands!!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3cuban bread rolls or baguette rolls
3 1/2 ozham
3 sliceswiss cheese
3 tspprepared mustard
How to Make Cuban Sandwich
- Cut rolls open, spread the bottoms of the rolls with mustard and the tops with catsup.
- Distribute the ham between the three rolls. Slice the tomatoes, dill pickles and avocado and layer on top of the ham.
- Top with cheese slices and the bread roll top.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and a smaller heavy pan such as a cast iron pan or skillet on high heat. Place one of the sandwisches in the hot skillet and press down with the heated cast iron skillet. Keep the sandwich pressed down until the cheese starts to melt, try if it stays flattened after removing the skillet on top or press again, until the sandwich stays flat and the bottom and top are crisp.
- Repeat this process with the other sandwiches or use panini press. You will have to reheat the cast iron skillet for each od the sandwiches or it won't be hot enough.