Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
3 lbbonless beef chuck, cut into 4 pieces (or bottom round roast)
1 mediumonion, chopped
3 clovegarlic (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
2 cbarbecue sauce (homemade or purchased)
8hoagie buns, or hamburger buns, or kaiser rolls
How to Make Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sandwiches
- Place the onion and garlic on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Top with the beef pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the water and cover and cook on LOW for 9 hours or until the beef falls apart with a fork.
- Remove all of the liquid from the beef.
- Trim and discard the excess fat from the cooked beef.
- Shred the meat with two forks until no solid pieces remain.
- Add the BBQ sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Serve the beef on split buns or hoagies.
- This recipe makes approximately 7-8 cups of shredded beef. Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 4 days for later use.