Choripan with Sauteed Onions and Chimichurri Aioli
6french bread or bolillo sandwich rolls
1 1/2 lbfresh chorizo sausage
1 largesweet onion (such as vidalia), sliced
2 Tbspolive oil
3 Tbspprepared chimichurri sauce
1/2 tspgarlic paste
How to Make Choripan with Sauteed Onions and Chimichurri Aioli
- Cut chorizo into 4 ounce links if not already as links.
Grill sausages on outdoor grill or cook sausages in a small amount of oil in a skillet until cooked through.
- While saussages are cooking, stir togther chimichurri aioli by mixing chimichurri, mayonnaise, and garlic paste set aside.
- Saute onions in oil in a nonstick skillet until browned and caramelized.
- Split and toast sandwich rolls.
- Place chorizo on toasted sandwich rolls with some sauteed onion and a drizzle of chimichurri aioli.