Cheddar and Pepper Jelly Toastie in Purgatory
- 2 slice
- brioche bread
- 1 Tbsp
- pepper jelly with a little heat
- 2 oz
- thinly sliced irish cheddar
- 1 oz
- black forest ham
- 4 slice
- dill pickle, thinly sliced.
- 1 tsp
- butter, salted
How to Make Cheddar and Pepper Jelly Toastie in Purgatory
- 1Spread one side of each slice of bread with hot pepper jelly. Top one slice (jellied side) with half the Cheddar Cheese, the ham and the pickle. Top with the remaining cheese.
- 2Brush top of sandwich with 1 teaspoon of the butter. Place buttered side down in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Spread top with remaining teaspoon butter. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until the underside is golden brown. With a wide spatula, turn the sandwich over.
- 3Place a small heatproof plate, or foil covered brick, on top and cook until the underside is golden brown and the cheese has melted, 2 to 3 minutes more. Alternatively, use the spatula to flatten the sandwich. Serve.