Basil Miso Cream Salmon Avocado Sandwich
- 4 slice
- whole grains bread
- avocado, pitted and peeled
- 0.25 lb
- fresh salmon, skin and bone removed
- 3 tsp
- olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp
- white miso paste
- 1 tsp
- basil, dried
- 2 Tbsp
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 slice
- 1/4 tsp
- sesame seeds
- 1/4 sheet(s)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Basil Miso Cream Salmon Avocado Sandwich
- 1About 15 minutes before cooking, take the salmon out of the refrigerator and bring to room temperature. Season salmon with salt and black pepper.
- 2In a cast iron skillet or heavy skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium- high heat. Put salmon into the skillet and cook until brown. Turn the salmon, reduce heat to medium and cook until the second side is brown and salmon is cooked through when it flakes easily with a fork. Put the salmon on a plate and let cool.
- 3In a small bowl, mix together miso paste, dried basil and cream cheese.
- 4When the salmon has cooled, flake the salmon flesh with fork and put into the miso mixture bowl. Mix to combine. Add black pepper to taste.
- 5Spread the salmon mixture on one side of 2 bread slices, place on a cookie sheet with the other 2 slices of bread and toast in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 5-7 minutes until breads are lightly brown or your desired doneness.
- 6Slice avocado thinly lengthwise.
- 7In a non-stick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add avocado slices and cook until the bottom sides are lightly brown. Flip and cook the other sides until lightly brown. Season with salt and black pepper. Take the avocado slices out and place on a plate.
- 8In the same skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add tomato slices and cook until the bottom sides are lightly brown. Flip and cook the other sides until lightly brown. Season with salt and black pepper. Take the tomato slices out and place on another plate.
- 9With a pair of scissors, cut the nori sheet into several small sections, stack all and cut thin strips.
- 10Assemble sandwiches. On two bread slices with salmon mixture, put tomato slices, avocado slices evenly and sprinkle sesame seeds and nori on top evenly. Put the other 2 slices of bread to close each sandwich.