☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 small
- red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 c
- red cabbage, finely shredded (i usually use a coleslaw mix)
- 1/4 c
- red wine vinegar
- 1 lb
- thickly sliced cooked turkey meat, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 2/3 c
- purchased barbecue sauce
- 1/4 c
- homemade turkey broth or low-salt chicken broth
- soft sandwich buns, halved, toasted (or hamburger buns)
How to Make Barbecue Turkey Sandwiches
- 1Combine first 3 ingredients in medium bowl. Let stand at room temperature until onion softens, tossing occasionally, about 2 hours; or cover and chill up to 1 day.
- 2Combine turkey, barbecue sauce, and broth in medium nonstick skillet. Bring to simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer until heated through, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- 33. Arrange bottoms of buns on plates. Spoon turkey mixture onto buns. Using tongs, pile pickled-onion mixture atop turkey. Cover with top halves of buns.